Thursday, March 5, 2009

Positive comments on brand new Maxime Manufacture

Maxime Manufacture Automatic


From the forum on www.EquationOfTime.com:

[[MORE]]

>> You know, initially I was going to say "boring!"... But then I got to thinking... Most current trends are to OVERSIZE, OVERSTUFF, OVERDESIGN! and this watch is the antithesis of those very concepts. I think part of my initial reaction was antipathy toward a maker with whom I am completely unfamiliar. This watch is classic, if a little monotone. The movement is beautiful. Yeah, I would not mind owning this. And I totally dig the radial numerals...!

>> I'll wind enthusiastically. I'd like to see a central seconds hand and perhaps a nibbled 5 & 7, but otherwise find little which requires complaint.


>>Awesome!!!! Love the Movement!!!!

>>No, not boring..... Especially that movement. Looks like a fairly unique balance regulation device there. The dial might have too many different textures, but I'd have to see it in person. I don't see the "old school Hamilton" thing, but it could be one of the VERY few radial numeral dials I could actually like!


 


>>Great back, great crown and a great dial, except for that date subdial. It's probably just me but I think it's really difficult to do the date radially like that. Whether the numerals go around the entire face or just a subdial, to me it's always looks jumbled. Date wheels, especially when matched to the dial, are a good thing.

>>Gorgeous design... I mean, really... that thing is a stunner.

Need we say more...?

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment